Last Spring semester was full of pivots, and the UKirk Board knows the 2020-2021 school year will hold many more. With that in mind, and due to generous support of the Presbyterian Mission Agency, the UKirk Pivot Grant is being offered. These $500 grants are meant to offer encouragement as we head into ever evolving ministries, specifically encouraging new ways of doing ministry and/or dismantling structural racism. Pivot Grants are available to UKirk-registered ministries as well as Presbyterian-related schools, colleges, and universities. It’s a small way for the denomination to say “we see you, collegiate ministry, and are grateful for the work you are doing.”
Brief consideration of the following will be helpful before you begin the application process:
- Make sure you are on the UKirk map.
- What is one pivot you are planning, and why?
- Are there other partners supporting this pivot?
- What is the tentative budget needed for the pivot?
- How do you plan to evaluate this pivot?
- Are you considering the pivot becoming a longer-term part of your ministry? If so, what potential support is available for sustainability?
We are looking forward to continued learning from one another’s pandemic pivots, and hope that these Pivot Grants will give your Fall planning a boost. Apply here.
Written by Len Scales, UKirk National Co-Moderator